Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Vietnam War Novel - Part 8

Well, if it's going to be published, I've got to find a publisher. Up until this time I was looking for a print book publisher, exclusively. Under my pen name, C J Maxx, I had an erotic romance short story published by Whiskey Creek Press - Torrid. It was under 15K words and available only in electronic format. I knew they published other genres besides the erotic stuff. I sent them a query and they requested the full manuscript. This was all done electronically. I knew it would be months before I would hear anything. They had a backlog. After more than a few months I sent them an email asking about the status. They said they liked it but wondered about the marketability of the book. I told them about the Special Forces community and how I would sell the book to them. That was enough. They send me a contract for both the electronic and print formats. That was in November 2007. The release date was to be April 1, 2008. The only hiccup was that they changed to a staggered release during the month and the book was released on April 15th. Finally, I had a copy of The Red Dragon in my hand.

No comments: